Crypto Deal Flow: June 11 - 24
Let’s research activity of crypto funds, private investors and crypto startups for last week. Our Radar system detected 58 deals.
- Uptick Network | undiscloused sum | Dragon Roark Venture, SNZ, Tendermint Venture and others | private round
Uptick Network, the NFT business platform focusing on a global creative economy, raised funds from lead investor Dragon Roark Venture with participation from SNZ, Tendermint Venture, IRIS Foundation, PreAngel Fund and others.
2. Jep Protocol | $4.8m | MGNR, Sino Global Capital, CMS Holdings and others | seed
Jep Protocol is a lending protocol built by DeFi users for DeFi users powered by Solana. Team raised $4.8m from MGNR, Sino Global Capital, CMS Holdings, Alameda Research, ParaFi Capital, Robot Ventures, Defiance Capital, Kenetic Capital, Stablenode and angels.
3. Unbound Finance | $5.8m | antera Capital, Arrington XRP Capital and others | private round
Unbound Finance has raised $5.8m from Pantera Capital, Arrington XRP Capital and others to build out the Unbound Dollar (UND), what it says is a novel stablecoin that can live on multiple blockchains.
4. Parrot Protocol | $5m | Alameda Research, QTUM VC, NGC Ventures and others | seed
Parrot Protocol, liquidity network for lending & borrowing, had raised $5m in seed funding round from Alameda Research, QTUM VC, NGC Ventures, PetRock Capital, Coin98, MGNR, Sino Global Capital, SkyVision Capital, Solar Eco Fund, Chris McCann & Edith Yueng (Race.Capital), ROK Capital.
5. Stake Technologies | $10m | Fenbushi Capital, Hypersphere Ventures, Gumi Cryptos and others | strategic round
Stake Technologies, the core company behind Plasm Network and Shiden Network, announced a $10m fundraise led by Fenbushi Capital, with participation from Hypersphere Ventures, Gumi Cryptos, IOSG Ventures, TRG Capital, AU21 Capital, Digital Strategies, SNZ, Digital Strategies, Sub0 Capital, Altnomy, East Ventures and others. The round was also joined by notable angel investors including Nobuyuki Idei, ex-CEO and Chairman of SONY.
6. Gamestarter | $2m | DAO Maker, AC capital, AngelONE and others | private round
Gamestarter is NFT-based crowdfunding platform & marketplace for game developers powered by GAME Coin. Team raised $2m from lead investor DAO Maker and other Blockchain VC stalwarts like AC capital, AngelONE, Evangelion Capital, AU21, Shima Capital, Coincurb, Kyros Ventures, MGNR, and X21 Capital.
7. Mythical Games | $75m | WestCap Group, Gary Vaynerchuk’s VaynerFund, Galaxy Digital and others | series B round
Mythical Games is opening its non-fungible token (NFT) platform to external game developers following a $75m funding round. WestCap Group led the Series B round, with participation from Gary Vaynerchuk’s VaynerFund, Galaxy Digital, Javelin Venture Partners and others.
8. InstaDApp | $10m | Standard Crypto, DeFi Alliance, Longhash Ventures and others | strategic round
InstaDApp, a startup aiming to build what it calls the “middleware” layer for the decentralized finance (DeFi) space, has raised $10m in new funding.The round, which involved the sale of tokens, was led by Standard Crypto. The pool of investors included the DeFi Alliance, Longhash Ventures, along with developer and Yearn founder Andre Cronje.
9. NFT Genius | $4m | Dapper Labs CEO Roham Gharegozlou, Dallas Mavericks, actor Ashton Kutcher and others | seed
Startup NFT Genius will be using $4m it raised in a seed round of funding to build a non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace on Dapper Labs’ Flow blockchain. The round was backed by Dapper Labs CEO Roham Gharegozlou, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, actor Ashton Kutcher and bitcoin advocate Anthony Pompliano. While NFT Genius is largely focused on music, it also expects to bring NFTs into sports, gaming and even comedy.
10. Parallel Finance | $2m | Pantera Capital, Polychain Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners and others | private round
Parallel Finance has raised $2m to make decentralized finance (DeFi) a bigger part of the Polkadot ecosystem. Pantera Capital, Polychain Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Breyer Capital, 8 Decimal Capital and Hypersphere Ventures participated in the round.
11. Rangers Protocol | undiscloused sum | Pantera Capital, Huobi Ventures Blockchain Fund, Framework Ventures and others | strategic round
Rocket Protocol has been rebranded to Rangers Protocol after completing a major investment round. The newly rebranded Rangers Protocol has a valuation of $63 million following its latest private equity round. Pantera Capital, Huobi Ventures Blockchain Fund, Framework Ventures, Alameda Research, AU21 Capital, Hashkey Capital, SevenX Ventures, SNZ, Spark Digital Capital, Incuba Alpha Holdings and Consensus Lab participated in the round.
12. Ramp | $10.1m | NFX, Galaxy Digital, Fabric Ventures and others | seed
U.K. crypto payments infrastructure startup Ramp has raised $10.1m in seed funding in a round led by NFX and Galaxy Digital. The round also included contributions from returning investors Seedcamp, firstminute Capital and Fabric Ventures, as well as former Coinbase CTO Balaji Srinivasan and Dapper Labs founder Roham Gharegozlou.
13. Umee | $6.3m | Polychain Capital, Coinbase Ventures, IDEO CoLab and others | seed
Umee connects Cosmos and Ethereum with cross-chain DeFi. Umee has raised a $6.3m seed round led by Polychain Capital and including Coinbase Ventures, IDEO CoLab, Alameda Research, ConsenSys and others.
14. dYdX | $65m | Paradigm, QCP Capital, CMS Holdings and others | series C round
dYdX, the decentralized derivatives exchange, has secured $65m in a Series C raise led by Paradigm with participation from QCP Capital, CMS Holdings, CMT Digital, Finlink Capital, Sixtant, Menai Financial Group, MGNR, Kronos Research, HashKey, Electric Capital, Delphi Digital, and StarkWare.
15. PARSIQ | $3m | Mindworks VC, Axia8 Ventures, CoinUnited and others | strategic round
PARSIQ, the blockchain monitoring and workflow automation platform raised 3m in a strategic venture round. Solana Foundation was one of the first brands that backed the funding round. It was joined by Mindworks VC, Axia8 Ventures, CoinUnited, Elevate Ventures, Krypital Group, Transfero Swiss.
16. XVERSE | $2.7m | Vestigium, Animoca Brands, and Genesis Block Ventures and others | private round
Korea’s leading metaverse AI company XVERSE has completed its private round of strategic investments, setting the foundation for the next-gen NFT ecosystem that XVERSE is building. Company has closed a $2.7m private funding round led by top-tier VCs and visionaries of the space — Vestigium, Animoca Brands, and Genesis Block Ventures. Notable investors participating in the round also include Momentum 6, CMS and Blocore
17. BitDAO | $230m | Bybit, Peter Thiel, Pantera Capital and others | private round
A new decentralized autonomous organization, BitDAO, announced its launch with a $230m private sale and major contributions from Singapore-based Bybit. Other participants and investors include billionaire venture capitalist Peter Thiel, Pantera Capital, Dragonfly Capital, Founders Fund, Alan Howard, Spartan Group, Jump Capital, Fenbushi, Kain Warwick and others. BitDAO’s recurring contributions-powered treasury will be used to provide liquidity as well as to drive new protocols such as decentralized exchanges, lending and synthetics protocols.
18. Goldfinch | $11m | a16z, Mercy Corps Ventures, A Capital and others | private round
Goldfinch raised $11m from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z crypto) to build the next phase of decentralized credit. Other investors include Mercy Corps Ventures, A Capital, SV Angel, Access Ventures, Divergence Ventures, Defi Alliance, Draft Ventures, Balaji Srinivasan, Wale Ayeni, Ryan Selkis, Jason Choi, Josh Hannah, Lisa Cuesta, Viktor Bunin, and others.
19. SynFutures | $14m | Polychain Capital, Framework, Pantera Capital and others | series A round
SynFutures derivatives market raises an additional $14m in series A funding round with participation from Polychain Capital, Framework, Pantera Capital, Bybit, Wintermute, CMS, Woo and IOSG Ventures.
20. Integritee | $2m | LD Capital, AU21, DFG and others | seed
Integritee, a provider of confidential computing tailored to the blockchain space that is vying for a parachain slot in the forthcoming Kusama network auctions, has raised $2m seed funding. The fundraising was led by investment firm LD Capital, and included AU21, DFG, FBG and OKEx Blockdream Ventures.
21. Bling | $1.6m | AU21 Capital, NGC Ventures, OKEx Blockdream Ventures and others | private round
Bling is the limited-edition luxury and lifestyle product NFT marketplace will be completely decentralized, representing immutable ownership and running wholly on a series of smart contracts. Team raised $1.6m from AU21 Capital, NGC Ventures, OKEx Blockdream Ventures, LD Capital, Spark Capital, Morningstar Ventures, Inclusion Capital, Lotus Capital, Spark Digital Capital, Moonrock Capital, Blocksync Ventures, 18.ventures, DAO Maker, Acheron Trading, EthDesign, Genblock Capital, Master Ventures, GBV Capital, Black Edge Capital and Moonwhale Ventures, as well as many other reputed angel investors.
22. Decentral Game | $5m | Collab+Currency, Metaverse Ventures, Bitscale Capital and others | private round
Decentral Games is a next generation entertainment platform at the intersection of metaverse and blockchain technology. Project raised $5m from Collab+Currency, Metaverse Ventures (Digital Currency Group), Bitscale Capital, Cluster Capital, and AU21 Capital.
23. TRM Labs | $14m | Bessemer Ventures, Jump Capital and Salesforce and others | series A round
TRM Labs, building crypto-tracking software firm, raised $14m in an equity round led by Bessemer Ventures.The Series A, which CEO Esteban Castaño said follows 600% revenue growth year over year, also features Jump Capital and Salesforce and PayPal’s respective VC wings. Other investors in the TRM Series A include Initialized Capital, Operator Partners, Blockchain Capital and executives from Google.
24. Runtime Verification | $5.3m | IOSG Ventures, Polkadot-focused Hypersphere Ventures, Cardano’s cFund and others | strategic round
Blockchain security auditor Runtime Verification has raised $5.3m from a handful of prominent backers. Led by IOSG Ventures, the funding round included investment from Polkadot-focused Hypersphere Ventures, Cardano’s cFund, the Tezos Foundation, Elrond Research and Algorand accelerator Borderless Capital.
The Graph Foundation awarded a $60m grant to StreamingFast to get it to join its ecosystem for indexing the decentralized internet for search purposes.
26. Fox Corporation | $100m | new fund
Fox Corporation, the company behind Fox News, is funneling $100m into a creator fund to expand its emerging NFT business.
27. Seven Seven Six | $150m | new fund
Seven Seven Six, the new venture firm from Alexis Ohanian, closes $150m Fund 1.
28. Circular | $14m | The Westly Group, Boeing HorizonX, Jaguar Land Rover and others | series A round
CO2 tracker and supply chain traceability provider Circular closed $14m in Series A funding. This funding round was led by The Westly Group. Big-name investors including Boeing HorizonX, Jaguar Land Rover, and LG Energy Solutions were a part of Circulor’s funding. Others include Bolbo, BHP, Polestar, Vulcan Energy Resources, Salesforce Ventures, Future Positive Capital, 24Haymarket, Sky Ocean Ventures, InMotion Ventures, SYSTEMIQ, Plug and Play, and TotalEnergies Ventures.
29. MicroStrategy | $489m | BTC purchase
MicroStrategy has purchased an additional 13,005 bitcoins for ~$489m in cash at an average price of ~$37,617 per bitcoin. As of 6/21/21 company hold~105,085 bitcoins acquired for ~$2.741B at an average price of ~$26,080 per bitcoin.
30. The Crypto App | undiscloused sum | TrustSwap | acquisition
TrustSwap has officially acquired The Crypto App and has integrated its technology and team members into the TrustSwap family of DeFi services. This acquisition includes both the Android and iOS apps with over 1.9 millions downloads as well as the domain.
31. Copper.co | $75m | Brevan Howard, Dawn Capital and Target Global | series B round
The co-founder of major asset manager Brevan Howard led a $25m extension raise for London-based crypto services firm Copper.co. The company announced that the new investment follows a $50m Series B funding round led by companies such as Dawn Capital and Target Global.
32. Yield Guild Games | $4m | A.Capital Ventures, Atelier Ventures, Fabric Ventures and others | series A round
Yield Guild Games completes $4m Series A led by gaming and esports fund BITKRAFT. Other investors that participated in the round included A.Capital Ventures, Atelier Ventures, Fabric Ventures, Greenfield One, IDEO CoLab, Mechanism Capital, ParaFi Capital and Third Prime Capital. Returning investors include Animoca Brands, Ascensive Assets, Bitscale Capital, Dialectic Capital, Free Company, SevenX Ventures and Sfermion.
33. XCarnival | $2m | Fundamental Labs, Zonff Partners, SNZ and others | seed
XCarnival has secured a $2m seed investment in its quest to reinvent synthetic assets in crypto. This investment was led by top crypto funds including Fundamental Labs, Zonff Partners, SNZ, EVG, NGC, etc. At the same time, institutions like AU21, Incuba Alpha, DFG, WaterDrip, LD Capital, Gate, ChainCapital and Bitrise Capital.
34. Arrington Capital | $100m | new fund
Arrington Capital, a digital asset management firm in blockchain-based capital markets, has launched a new $100m fund — The Arrington Algo Growth Fund (AAGF) — to support initiatives building on Algorand.
35. 0x Community DAO | $7 | Polygon #DefiForAll Fund | new fund
Polygon #DefiForAll Fund has allocated $7m in MATIC to the 0x Community DAO to drive 1M new users onto 0x-powered applications running on the Polygon Network. 0x Labs is contributing another $3.5m in ZRX, meaning the DAO, controlled entirely by ZRX token holders, will have a whopping $10.5m in total funds to grow DeFi and the 0x ecosystem on Polygon.
36. BC Group | $70m | GIC | strategic round
GIC, the sovereign wealth fund managing Singapore’s foreign reserve, has invested HK$543.19 million (or $70m) in Hong Kong-listed BC Group, the parent company of regulated crypto exchange OSL.
37. Luxor Technologies | $5m | NYDIG, Bitnomial, Hodl Capital and Routemaster | series A round
Luxor Technologies, a bitcoin mining firm, raised $5m in a Series A funding round. NYDIG, who led the funding round, will collaborate with Luxor on a number of mining-related ventures and hashrate-based products. Other investors of the round are Bitnomial, Hodl Capital and Routemaster.
38. Mars Ecosystem | $2m | Continue Capital, Parallel Ventures, Kernel Ventures and others | seed
Mars Ecosystem, a new project aiming to overcome the challenges of decentralized stablecoins, has successfully raised $2m in seed funding. The round attracted investment from Continue Capital, Parallel Ventures, Kernel Ventures, and YBB Foundation, among others.
39. MCH Co Ltd | undiscloused sum | CryptoGames Inc and one more investor | series A round
MCH Co Ltd is pleased to announce that it has completed a Series A round of funding from CryptoGames Inc and one more investor. Crypto Spells, a blockchain game (NFT game) provided by CryptoGames Inc. will be multi-chain compatible with the Polygon network, as will My Crypto Heroes (MCH).
40. Gitcoin | $650k | dev support
Gitcoin opened Grants Round 10. $650k is in matching pool. Date of event: June 16 — July 1, 2021.
41. Grayscale | $2B | new money
Over the weekend, Barry Silbert’s DCG subsidiary Grayscale has added $2B to the value of their Bitcoin, Ethereum, LINK, Livepeer, Zcash, Litecoin, etc., apart from BAT, as per the table shared by the company in the tweet.
42. Venly | €500k | Tioga Capital | private round
Venly (previously Arkane Network), an NFT management platform with a wallet solution and peer-to-peer NFT marketplace, has raised €500k from blockchain investment firm, Tioga Capital.
43. Bitwise | $70m | Electric Capital, Elad Gil, Daniel Loeb’s Third Point and others | strategic round
Asset management firm Bitwise has raised $70m in a new funding round. The round, which was co-led by Electric Capital and Elad Gil, values the firm at half a billion dollars. Among the other investors include Daniel Loeb’s Third Point and Robert Leshner, founder of Compound, Henry Kravis — founder of KKR — and Stan Druckenmiller, the billionaire hedge funder.
44. Two Prime Digital Assets Fund | $40m | 12 investors | new fund
An investment firm called Two Prime Digital Assets Fund has stated they raised $40m from 12 investors according to a filing with the Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC).
45. Burfa | $26m |mining
Estonian technology conglomerate Burfa is turning to Bitmain to supply key cryptocurrency mining infrastructure to its Narva-based data center, offering a glimpse into the arms race underway for high-performance computing resources. The $26m agreement will allow Burfa to double its data center capacity and secure a steady supply of processing equipment over the coming months.
46. Value Network | $250k | Sergey Volnov and Dmitry Kravchek | private round
Value Network allows users to create binary options markets based on their own parameters, including the trading pair, price level and expiry time of the binary option. The project recently closed a $250k private round, with two business angels Sergey Volnov and Dmitry Kravchek.
47. Audacity | new fund
The co-founder of Crypto for Black Economic Empowerment (CBBE), a group of 100 Black founders and creators, announced the launch of a new crypto venture capital fund: Audacity. Audacity Fund I is set to distribute money to African crypto startups, with a particular focus on decentralized finance (DeFi).
48. Coinbase | $11.68m | Ark | shares
Ark bought 50616 shares of Coinbase on June 17, with an average purchase price of $230.75 per share and a total cost of $11.68m.
49. Orion Money | $1.7m | Delphi Digital, Hashed, Accomplice, SkyVision Capital and other | seed
DeFi startup with stablecoins’ yields Orion Money raised $1.7m from Delphi Digital, Hashed, Accomplice, SkyVision Capital anf angels.
50. Yield Protocol | $10m | Paradigm with participation from Framework Ventures, Symbolic Capital Partners and others| series A round
Yield Protocol brings fixed-term, fixed-rate lending to decentralized finance. Team raised $10m from lead investor Paradigm with participation from Framework Ventures, Symbolic Capital Partners, CMS Holdings, Variant, and the DeFi Alliance.
51. Rarible | $14.2m | Venrock and others | series A round
Non-fungible token (NFT) marketplace Rarible has raised fresh capital to hire new employees and launch an additional marketplace on the Flow blockchain, home to Dapper Labs’ smash hit, NBA Top Shot. Venture capital firm Venrock, which was started in 1969 by Laurance Rockefeller, grandson of industrialist John D. Rockefeller, and blockchain venture firm CoinFund led the $14.2m Series A round of funding. Venture firm 01 Advisors also participated in the funding round.
52. Kaiko | $24m | Anthemis, Underscore VC Point Nine and Alven | series A round
Kaiko, a Paris-based cryptocurrency market data and research provider, has closed a $24m Series A funding round led by Anthemis and Underscore VC. Other investors include German venture capital firm Point Nine and French VC firm Alven.
53. Beyond Finance | undiscloused sum | Huobi | strategic round
The investment arm of crypto exchange Huobi made a strategic investment in decentralized-finance (DeFi) platform Beyond Finance.
54. CipherTrace | $27.1m | Dan Loeb’s Third Point Ventures, Neotribe, Acrew Capital and Seraph Group | series B round
CipherTrace, a security firm that tracks crypto crimes, has closed a $27.1m Series B round of funding led by Dan Loeb’s Third Point Ventures. The fundraising round was also backed by early investors Neotribe, Acrew Capital and Seraph Group.
55. Securitize | $48m | Morgan Stanley and Blockchain Capital | series B round
Blockchain firm Securitize, which provides asset tokenization services, has raised $48m in a Series B funding round. The round was co-led by Morgan Stanley and Blockchain Capital
56. Tesseract | $25m | Augmentum Fintech, BlackFin Capital Partners, Concentric, DN Capital and others | series A round
Tesseract, the leading institutional digital asset lending company in Europe and emerging markets, has raised $25m in its Series A funding round. The first funding round in Europe focusing on the sector is led by Augmentum Fintech, a London-based leader in FinTech investments. Other participants in the round include global venture capital firms BlackFin Capital Partners, Concentric, DN Capital, Jabre Capital Partners Family Office, LeadBlock Partners, and Sapphire Ventures.
57. Unreal Finance | $2.7m | AU21, X21, Block Sync Ventures and others | private round
Unreal Finance tokenizes future yield. Firm raised $2.7m from AU21, X21, Block Sync Ventures, GBV, Magnus Capital, MW Partners, Spark Digital, 3Commas, DeFi Omega, Black Edge Capital, OP Crypto, Triblock, and BlockPact.
58. Blockchain Capital | $300m | new fund
PayPal and Visa are chasing bets across the crypto industry as partners in Blockchain Capital’s fifth venture fund, a $300m war chest. Blockchain Capital is looking to scatter this $300m in early-stage gems — “not exactly the Coinbases and the Krakens of the world just yet”.
✅ Do you want to participate in private deals on early stages with me or buy Crypto Fund list and methodology of searching deals? Follow this bot please.
Do you like my content? You can thank me, just register using one of the links below:
Binance (cash back 20% forever)
UpCloud ($25 bonus, fastest cloud servers)
Trezor (hardware wallets for crypto)
✈️ Follow us on Telegram: @cryptodealflow